Yesterday (February 26) upon the invitation by President Rafał Bruski to Bydgoszcz, the Austrian ambassador in the Republic of Poland, Herbert Krauss, PhD, arrived. Both visited the Bydgoszcz Industrial and Technological Park where they saw the newly built Austrian hall of MMP Neupack Polska. During the meeting President also handed over the deed of ownership of a 3-hectare plot to another Austrian company BPPT, DOKA, specializing in the technology of boarding.
- I am glad that during my visit to Bydgoszcz I have a chance to visit two Austrian companies. Both represent a different level of development of their investments in the city, however, both have good perspectives, said Ambassador Herbert Krauss. – Both enterprises could be executed only because the investors were welcomed with kindness by the city and openness to their expectations and needs. The Austrian investors got interested in permanent projects and the city, on the other hand, is searching for reliable partners; and here come such good effects. I wish all the best to the investors and the city in their further cooperation, the Austrian ambassador added.
- We had a chance to visit MMP Neupack which in its new spacious hall in the Bydgoszcz Industrial and Technological Park will be developing its activity in our city, said president of the city of Bydgoszcz, Rafał Bruski. – Probably many of us do not realize the scale of the production of that company, however about 1/3 of paper-cardboard packaging we bring home is the product of MMP Neupack, President added. – It shows the scale of the investment.
MMP Neupack Polska is an Austrian corporation Mayr-Melnhof, one of the largest manufacturers of printed cardboard packaging globally. The company shows an outstanding creativity in creating cardboard packaging; hence a wide range of products offered. In Poland Mayr-Melnhof Packaging group operates two plants: in Bydgoszcz and in Józefów which, upon their merger in 2010 have been transformed into a single company under the name MMP Neupack Polska. The Bydgoszcz plant in Równa Street employs almost three hundred people.
- On the other hand, we are happy to welcome a new investor, Doka. A popular Polish song goes like that ‘there is still stubble here but San Francisco will come’. Handing over the deed of ownership to the plot, I wish to express our hope and to wish the investor an excellent plant very soon with an interesting job offer for the residents of the city of Bydgoszcz and commercial offer for business partners, remarked Rafał Bruski.
- Bydgoszcz creates excellent conditions for business development, stressed president of the Board of MMP Neupack Polska, Johann Taferner. – All that is evident from the construction of the new plant the official opening of which is scheduled for April 18. During the next 3-4 weeks we want to launch our production in the new hall. More or less a year ago we were standing in front of our plot and it looked very much like the one which is today being taken over by our colleagues from Doka.I wish them that in a year they could look at an almost ready plant just like we do today, he added
The 3-hectare plot will be used by Doka Polska to build a group of halls for servicing and preparation of boarding and the storage place with a full assortment of their products. The Centre will provide jobs to a group of experienced engineers and salespeople Doka, making the decision to purchase the plot in BPPT, considered the investment plans of the city of Bydgoszcz and the adequate preparation, for the execution of the investment, the areas provided with transport infrastructure and the utilities required.
– in summer next year at the latest we would like to open here a centre for logistics and services of Doka to cover the northern part of Poland, Wojciech Schefke said, president of the board of Doka Polska Sp. z o.o. – It will be our starting point to Wielkopolska, to the region of Szczecin and Gdańsk and to the north-eastern part of the country. Finally we are planning to create here jobs for about 70-80 people. On the plot an office building will be built for 25-30 people.